Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet (TTT 8)

 Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is...







Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet


1. J.K. Rowling
It's J.K. freaking Rowling!! Need I say more?


2. C.S. Lewis
Ok so I can't technically meet him since he's not living, but maybe if I find a way to make a time machine... lol.
"There is too little of what we like in stories, I am afraid we shall have to write some ourselves." C.S. Lewis is my inspiration as a writer. Plus, the man was a genius.


3. Cassandra Clare
I love Cassandra Clare's books, and I would love to be able to chat with her about characters! Her characters are amazing! Especially Jace and Will *double swoon*


4. Maggie Steifvater
I'm in love with the way she writes. Plus she seems like a fun person :]


5. James Bell Scott
Author of Plot & Structure, a book on writing that I have found immensely helpful for improving my own work in progress. I would love to shake that man's hand and say thank you!


6. Ted Dekker
Ted Dekker writes adult Christian thrillers, and boy does he come up with some strange things! There's no telling what goes on inside his head. I'd love to ask him about his books :]


7. Cornelia Funke
I fell in love with Cornelia Funke's Inkheart books, and with her awesome imagination I think she'd be a really cool person to meet.


8. Jeff Gerke
Back when I was just beginning my writer's journey, I came across Jeff's weekly writing tip column. It was so incredibly helpful to me and really improved my writing (plus, his sense of humor made them fun to read). I'd love to thank him for helping me grow as a writer.
 

9. Wayne Thomas Batson
A Christian YA/MG Fantasy author, I really loved his books! Plus, he's also a middle school teacher which is what I'm going to become, so I'd love to ask him how he balances teaching and writing. 


10. GOD ;]
Of course I would want to meet the author of the world's most best-selling book ever! haha ;]


What were your top ten?

Happy reading!



5 comments:

  1. J.K. Rowling and Cassandra Clare were on my list too! :)

    My TTT - http://robolobolynsuniverseofbooks.blogspot.ca/2012/09/top-ten-bookish-people-you-want-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a couple of the same authors on our lists! I'd love to meet C.S Lewis too, his quotes are so inspiring!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list. I love Maggie Steifvater as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C. S. Lewis is also on my list and if I had remembered Cornelia Funke, she'd be on it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list! C.S. Lewis is on my list as well. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...