Monday, August 20, 2012

5 Enchanting Equine Covers


I love beautiful book covers, and there are so many out there! Here are a few that caught my eye this week...









 

Enchanting Equines


Pegasus by Robin McKinley

I love the elegant simplicity of this cover! I love horses and I've had my eye on this book for a while but haven't had a chance to read it *sigh*















 
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

I'm really liking this version of The Scorpio Races cover! The doodle-like style is really cool. Though I do think that the other cover with the silhouette of the horse and rider is more appropriate for the story.












To Ride A Puca by Heather McCorkle

This book has been popping up everywhere, and I'm dying to read it! Druids and horses? Yes, please! Plus, that cover is beautiful--that horse looks so soft I wish I could pet it :]














Pegasus: The Flame of Olympus by Kate O'Hearn

*swoon* I'm totally in love with this cover! I love the unexpected contrast of Pegasus against the backdrop of New York City, and how the girl's bright red coat jumps out at you amid the muted colors. What on earth is Pegasus doing in NYC? I'm dying to get my hands on this one to find out!











This was the original cover of Pegasus: The Flame of Olympus published by Hodder Children's Books before Aladdin published it with the above cover. I really love the look of this one as well--the mist and grey tones make it look very mysterious. But I like the newer cover better, it has a more polished and professional look to it.












Which covers do you like best? Let me know in the comments below :]

Happy Reading!


3 comments:

  1. ooh, I LOVE these covers! I'd say Pegasus: The Flame of Olympus is my favourite - I was even thinking about buying it before just for that cover! I also really love The Scorpio Races, but I think that's mainly because I loved the book so much - I can't wait for Stiefvater's The Raven Boys(off topic)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I had Pegasus: Flame of Olympus in my hands at Walmart earlier this summer and wanted to buy it on the spot based on cover alone haha. I'm super excited for The Raven Boys as well! Maggie Stiefvater is amazing :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Kate O'Hearn covers. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...